Now you may be wondering: “how would that work in a Kirby game?” And that’s when I cleverly segue into the rules!
1. You may only befriend one ally per screen (of course, I haven’t played the game yet, so I don’t know if this is too much or too little, I’ll have to figure it out once I play) Note: the only exception to this rule is if you need multiple allies to solve a puzzle or use a 4 player friend ability/go through a door that needs multiple players. However in these cases you must dismiss those allies as soon as possible
2. If an ally dies, you may not revive it and may never use that same species of ally again. Be aware that dismissing an ally does not count as them dying! With the exception of using them for puzzles, however you must dismiss those allies as soon as possible
3. Dream friends are allowed!
4. You may only have one friend of each ability at a time, but they may share an ability with Kirby
5. Optional: try to give each of your allies a personality or a nickname or something to get yourself more attached to them
makes it more soul crushing when they die
I’ve not played Star Allies but I’m down for any non-Pokémon game where you can do a Nuzlocke run.