Good old Wolfey gave some advice on how to climb the ladder in Pokémon Sword and Shield. I tried competitive battling during the summer and got into it but suffered from burnout and I’ve not played since August. But Wolfey’s tips made a lot of sense.
Here’s the list:
- Learn what is standard
- Take breaks when laddering
- Pay attention to your mental state, before even starting to play
- Figure out why you lost
- Don’t be afraid to experiment
- Get a feeling for what’s popular among similarly skilled players
- Getting top ranked in Master Ball is easier earlier in the month
Some of these I followed, others I didn’t/couldn’t as I didn’t put enough time in or had the knowledge to get better. But with any kind of metagame, you have to be dedicated to a structured routine and Pokémon VGC is no different.
Stream the video below.